Digital proposal - Book

Cyberpunk Southland,
pages: 8 (?)
Name: Cyber Southland

Originally I had done these drawing, it was more experimental work to see how photoshop worked and play around to see what looked at nice and what looked best.







Though I didn't like them as much as I thought I would. So I kept experimenting with different pens and pressures and tools, to come up with different drawings.
Only to find out that I didn't like them at all.
Though after playing around with line work I quite like the simplicity of the line work. Which I then developed into the idea of giving a "3D look".
Which meant duplicating the layer to have three and change the colour of two of the layers to have a neon colour of teal and red. Then moving them slightly to the left and right to give the outline effect of red and teal creating a "3D look".
This is when my idea then developed and from changing the outline colours of two layers and keeping one black. Making sure the colours that it was changed to was neon to keep with the theme of Cyberpunk and neons.
While also playing around I looked at flowers which created a contrasting look between the wires and flowers. Which then developed into the idea of drawing parts of the body with wires and flowers, the drawing different views of the body it self with wires but not so much flowers and giving it a more robot like look to the body creating a real contrast when the different colours where added into the drawing.

Each drawing I tried to make different while also easily liking them somewhat together, and also trying to give every drawing a different colour combination and trying to make them not to similar.
While also looking to see I could give the drawings an actual proper 3D effect with the glasses but it did not work out so well. Instead of the image popping out of the page in converted into the page instead. Which I found very interesting, thought the idea didn't work it was a good experiment and could be further developed and looked into in the future with other projects.

front page

This is the drawing that is going to be the front page but it will have a white box across the middle with the name 'Cyber Southland' in a typography that will be suitable for the theme of the project.













first page
inside the front page

third page
Second page



fourth page
fifth page

sixth page
inside back cover


 
back cover
 In the end this is the book that I came up with and filled with all my drawing that I did. I am pleased with the book thought it wasn't what I originally had planned to do, I did enjoy creating it and learnt a lot of different things in the process of creating this book. Every image is different yet links together in some way and all has different colour combination except for two. I would have like to experiment more with learning how to paint better in photoshop and learn more about doing digital art and how to create different effect in photoshop when drawing/painting. But overall am happy with how it turned out, though it is not very experimental the line work is done pretty well and it has stuck to its theme and seem to flow nicely when looking through the book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Theory - S2 week 11 - 23/09/2019

Art History - A4 S2

Art History - s2 week 4 - 29/07/2019