Research - week 2- 19/02/2019

Then after I had done this and did some further research in style and how I wanted to execute the posters. I found a new artist model Patrick Nagel. His style is very two dimensional and doesn't have a lot of detail and is very loose, it's quite interesting and I would like to experiment with it and see if I can develop it to fit my project.  

 Once I had done some research into, Patrick Nagel. I had found myself not knowing how I was going to design these posters as how was I going to put a pinup girl into a modern perspective?
This is when I created what seemed to be a "mood" board which had pictures of Bettie Page and Yvonne De Carlo for a start. I gathered images of them posing in iconic "pinup" ways. Then I got two images of examples of how pinup posters looked.
This was a good idea to do as it created a blueprint or a starting point for creating the posters.
 This is when I started to do some simple plans and brainstorming on how I was going to do the posters. I did four basic sketches on poster designs I had in mind that I wanted to develop. Top left, is a woman in the workplace that is flirtatious and is in a more modern and relatable context this poster not only speaks about 'what I wear isn't consent' but it also looks into sexual harassment in the workplace.
Top right is a sketch based on a photo of  Bettie Page, I thought it would be interesting to base two posters on a photo and two others that weren't.
Bottom left is a sketch of a mother pushing a prame in the park and her skirt is blown up by the wind. I thought this would be interesting since that mother was never sexualised when it came to pinup girls, but the nanny was.
Bottom right is a sketch based of Yvonne De Carlo.

I am yet to decide which style I will do for what sketch, but I think that is what is good about this research question as I have decided to do many styles and not narrow myself down to much. As looking into many styles I can develop my idea more and can have a bigger window for improvement and critiquing.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Theory - S2 week 11 - 23/09/2019

Art History - A4 S2

Art History - s2 week 4 - 29/07/2019