Research - Week 3 - 26/02/19

Thought Process week 3 

Why am I painting pin up girls?
Closer to home? - how?
am I reflecting myself in the sketches?
what is so special about pinup girls?
why am I doing a propaganda poster?
Is this personal or not?
I am doing a poster around the theme of "What I wear isn't consent?" Why? Is this personal or not?
is this to do with my sexuality? or how I view sexuality?

I do think my work is quite personal, as I am very passionate about equality and sexism.
 This is an opportunity to not only express my opinion on this but also create a statement that will be seen.
I want my works to have impact to get a message across, I want to express equality and normalize sex and flirtatiousness. Say its ok to be sexual and own your sexuality.
I also want to bring awareness to consent, just because someone doesn't say no doesn't mean it's consent. This goes for male and female.

look into female sexuality and consent.
what you wear isn't related to being sexual aka "slut"
frame "what I wear isn't for you"

"Pin up" girls were for sexual use so by using the "pin up" girl to promote the opposite will create an affect. This links it to being "propaganda", though this isn't really an important theme to look into.

The main theme will be "consent" and "sexuality"

By keeping the nature of "sexual" and "flirtatiousness" of the pinup girls, but reversing the purpose it creates a disassociation with the original purpose and makes the viewer rethink.

Using "Pin up" girls to empower women instead of making them seem like an "object"



examples
Related image        Related image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Theory - S2 week 11 - 23/09/2019

Art History - A4 S2

Art History - s2 week 4 - 29/07/2019