Photography - week 14 - 28/05/2019

 Project update 
basically I hate my project, i'm not sure what I want to do with the photos any more. Will probably end up re-doing all these photos and re-editing and re-doing my mock up book. I will also be look into re-doing surrealism and trying to mind a 'symbol' that I need for it.

I like doing the Micro lens work and taking photos of textures. Though I do have shaky hands sometimes so the photos can be out of focus and my camera probably has something wrong with it.
I am also revisiting editing styles, as I don't like the blue over tone anymore I think it is to over powering and quite vanilla and boring. I would like to try something different and look into a more 'spooky' editing style. I so like working with the colours but they always end up over powering and don't look nice as the more saturated editing. Though over all I think all the photo editing I have done is bad and I need to relearn everything all over again. I do want to re visit everything and take a step back go over my PowerPoint and re-think and try again. I am very unsatisfied with this work and know I can do better and want to do better. I also want to learn more and I feel as if I am going around and around in circles with numbers and getting confused with ISO and F stops and getting myself over whelmed.

I do want to keep my artist models. I would also like to find some tutorials to help me learn a bit more on photo editing and manipulation. I should probably also look into seeing my project at a different angle instead of seeing it as black and white.


First I will start by revisiting my proposal and asking myself a few questions about what I wanted to for this project and what I wanted to learn?

what did I want to do?
I want to do still life of every day objects

What did I want to learn form this?
I wanted to further understand my camera and camera techniques, and further expand on camera lenses and under standing the lenses.

What key ideas did I want to look into?
Minimalism, textures, daily routine

Why?
I wanted to learn how to use a micro lens
I didn't want to rely on a model
I wanted to have easy accesses to shooting photos from home.
Also wanted to be able to learn about the important of display an object and the important of angle.


I also wanted to experiment with minimalism withing photography, as that is an area I am interested in and want to explore in photography. Since I have a high interest in it with painting and drawing. Though I think the interest doesn't carry over into photography. As it is executed differently and isn't the same. So maybe it is the minimalism part that is making it quite boring or unsatisfying. That's why the surrealism part came in because I thought it would be fun a Bobby Becker was a huge influence for this as I really like his work and he really inspired me to do surrealism and experiment with it and combine it with minimalism. But it could also be the idea of morning routine that is the reason why I found it so boring. I also think it is possible because I wanted to use natural lighting that's the reason why the photos are so flat, so I should look into different types of lighting and maybe experiment with the lace curtains as that makes really beautiful shadows onto the desk. I also have re decorated my room so it is different now to when I took the original photos.

I also want to maybe look for more artist models that do surrealism and minimalism

Steven Kin
Image result for minimalist surrealism photographers
Denys Argyriou
I also looked into some other photography techniques that I really like or would want to learn. I quite like double exposure work with nature and people.

This is a style of photography that I absolutely love and would have liked to do, though I just don't want to rely on a model again that will not show up or help out.
Double Exposure, Photoshop, Layer, Tree, Nature
bekirtayfuntokucu


 I also very much like fantasy photography, over grown nature and manipulating people and flowers together.

For example Marcelo Monreal is a huge influence for my liking of this type of surrealism and is the reason how I came to like surrealism in photography. He is also one of the photographers I found in high school when I first wanted to do this but I didn't know how to do this type of photo manipulation.

Though now that I have re-visited this type of surrealism, I am curious to see if it is possible to do the same thing with still life. As I would like to have a model but I just don't want to deal with the hassle of having a model.

So my thought process is using a barbie doll. This not only can be used as a model but it could a reference to beauty standard, or I can keep the daily routine and just do it with the routine. As the photos go on it become less and less or it gets bigger and bigger?

But this can also be linked in with Bobby Becker, I can do this but with the black drips as well. It doesn't have to be with just flowers but that is something that I would like to look into as well. I also feel it wouldn't be to hard to do as well. It would just be a bit more time consuming and more photos.

I did so a test for this editing surreal style to see what it would look like with some old photos I had of flowers and stuff. The only problem with this is hard edges and bleeding of the edges. So I will have to figure away around that. There is also the component if taking flower photos and making sure they are clean and lit in a away it isn't to contrasting with the photo but that can also be done in post edit.

I also would like to experiment doing this with portraits like Marcelo Monreal does. Though I did notice he use are very digital like and not so much natural so I am unsure if he photography flower to edit them in or digital paints them into the photos. I would be interesting to see the difference between the two though. Or since he states they are collages some of them could be from books, magazines, or something and that's why like look so different.


Image result for Marcelo Monreal
Marcelo Monreal
Image result for Marcelo Monreal
Marcelo Monreal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Art Theory - S2 week 11 - 23/09/2019

Art History - A4 S2

Art History - s2 week 4 - 29/07/2019